EPHC is excited to announce the expansion of our Portola Medical Clinic to include a Behavioral Health Program integrated into primary care. We are recruiting a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner to serve direct patient care to our community, under the guidance of the Medical Director or Supervising Physician. This is a full time, benefited, non-exempt position. The Psychiatric NP will provide direct clinical services and education to patients on a wide spectrum behavioral health issues.The Psychiatric NP will be responsible for supporting the intake process in the Behavioral Health unit, and will support primary care physicians in managing patients. Pay Grade 91: $50.18 - $70.61.
Minimum Requirements of the position:
- Current CA RN license
- Current CA Nurse Practitioner Certificate (Or Certificate Eligible)
- Master of Science or Master of Nursing degree in Nursing
- Successful completion of graduate-level Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner specialty program accredited by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
- American Nurses Certification Center (ANCC) certification or American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) Certification.
- Current, active, unrestricted California Furnishing License
- Current, active, unrestricted DEA license or DEA eligible.
- Valid CA driver's license, have a good driving record ans show proof of insurance coverage
- BLS healthcare provider for CPR.
Principal Accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Direct patient care in the outpatient setting within the Behavioral Health unit of EPHC's rural health clinics.
- Provide individual, family and group psychotherapy, including crisis intervention when needed.
- Perform initial assessments, formulate treatment plans and provide appropriate treatment to promote patient progress toward goals.
- Reevaluate treatment plans as needed.
- Medication management.
- Practice within the ethical guidelines and scope of practice of the discipline.
- Maintain caseload as primary provider int he unit and collaborate with other providers as needed for shared patients.
- Communicates and coordinates care with outside referral sources on the care of mutual patients.
- Connects with patients and demonstrate the value in personal relationships.
BENEFITS INCLUDE: Medical, Vision, Dental insurance, Employer sponsored Life Insurance, supplemental AFLAC policies, retirement planning, Paid Time Off, Paid Sick Leave.